Data protection declaration for the website of Österreichische Beteiligungs AG
This data protection declaration describes how Österreichische Beteiligungs AG, Kolingasse 14–16, A-1090 Vienna (“we” or “us” in the following) as the controller under data protection law processes your personal data (i) as a user of this website (see item I) or (ii) as a business contact (see item II). Information about your rights and our contact information can be found in item III.
I. Data in connection with your use of our website
1. What data about you that we process
We collect the following categories of personal data when you visit this website:
- IP address; and
- name and version of your web browser.
You are under no obligation to provide this personal data to us. However, you will be unable to use all functions of this website if you choose to not provide us with this personal data.
2. Analysis tools
To improve the operation of our website, we use the following analysis tools, all of which use only anonymised IP addresses:
3. Purposes of data processing
We process the categories of your personal data listed in item 1 of this section I to
- further improve and refine this website;
- collect usage statistics; and
- detect, prevent, and investigate attacks against our website.
4. Legal basis for data processing
We process the categories of your personal data listed in item 1 of this section I on the basis of
- our overriding legitimate interest as per Art. 6 (1) lit. f of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which is to achieve the purposes listed in item 3 of this section I; and
- the need to fulfil legal obligations that apply to us (Art. 6  lit. c GDPR).
5. Transmitting your personal data
If required for the purposes specified above, we will only transmit your personal data to our IT service providers.
6. Duration of storage
We will generally store your data for a period of 30 days. Your data will only be stored for a longer period (i) to the extent necessary to investigate identified attacks against our website, (ii) for as long as legal storage obligations exist, or (iii) for as long as potential legal claims for which we will require your personal data for enforcement or defence have not yet expired.
II. Data from business contacts
1. What data about you that we process
We collect the following categories of personal data in the course of our business relationship:
- Reference number
- Name or designation
- Telephone and fax number and other contact information arising from modern communication technologies (e.g. e-mail)
- Trade register information
- Blocking codes (e.g. contact block, invoice block, delivery block, account posting block, payment block)
- Identifiers for official statistics such as EU VAT number and Intrastat identification number
- Membership in a specific group of companies
- Provided goods or services
- Contact person for goods delivery or rendering services
- Third parties involved in contract fulfilment, including information about the type of involvement
- Terms of delivery and service (including information about the place of delivery or performance, packaging, etc.)
- Customs (e.g. country of origin, customs tariff number) and export control information
- Information about insurance on the delivery or service and about its financing
- Information about taxation and tax calculation
- Terms of financing and payment
- Bank account information
- Data on contract fulfilment performance by the business partner
- Legal action information
- Account and business record information
We obtain your personal data either directly from you (especially through communication via e-mail or during events), or we collect your data ourselves, for example when you provide services to us.
In cases where we ask you to provide us with your data, this is generally voluntary. However, refusal to provide your personal data may cause delays in business processes or make business processes impossible. If you are legally obligated to provide your personal data in certain cases, we will inform you of this separately.
2. Purposes of data processing
We process the categories of your personal data listed in item 1 of this section II for the following purposes:
to establish business contacts;
- to maintain our business contacts and to publicly position ourselves;
- for the efficient implementation of our procurement processes;
- to facilitate the rendering of services to us by contractors;
- to disseminate information about our activities.
3. Legal basis for data processing
We process the categories of your personal data listed in item 1 of this section II on the basis of
- our overriding legitimate interest as per Art. 6 (1) lit. f of the GDPR, which is to achieve the purposes listed in item 2 of this section II; and
- the need to fulfil any contracts concluded with you (Art. 6  lit b GDPR).
4. Transmitting your personal data
We will transmit your personal data to the following recipients to the extent that this is required for the purposes outlined above:
- banks for the processing of payment transactions in the event of business transactions;
- contract and business partners that are involved or that are to be involved in the delivery or service;
- our IT service providers;
- legal counsel in the event of legal action;
- auditors for the purposes of financial auditing;
- competent administrative authorities, in particular tax authorities.
Some of the recipients specified above may be located in countries outside of the EU or EEA. The data protection standards in these third countries may not correspond to those in the European Union. We only transmit your personal data to third countries that the EU Commission has determined to have an appropriate level of data protection, or we take measures to ensure that all recipients maintain an adequate level of data protection. To this end, we conclude standard contract provisions (2010/87/EC and/or 2004/915/EC), for example. These will be provided to you upon request (see item III. 2 below).
5. Duration of storage
We will store your personal data (i) until the termination of the business relationship or exchange of information with you or (ii) beyond this, for as long as legal storage obligations apply, or (iii) for as long as potential legal claims for which we will require your personal data for enforcement or defence have not yet expired.
III. Your rights and our contact information
1. Your rights relating to personal data
You are entitled to the following under current law (if the specific prerequisites outlined in the respective provisions are met):
- to receive confirmation of whether we process your personal data and what items of your personal data we process, and to receive copies of these personal data;
- to demand the rectification or erasure of your personal data;
- to demand that we restrict the processing of your personal data;
- to object to the processing of your personal data;
- to demand data portability; and
- to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority.
2. Our contact information
Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns about the processing of your personal data:
Österreichische Beteiligungs AG
kontakt (at) oebag.gv.at
Last update on 24 June 2019
Subject to errors, printing errors, and technical changes.